The primary role of the Master Electrician is to develop a construction department for the installation of commercial and utility solar PV systems. The main responsibility includes pulling permits, prepare and setup the construction site, perform the physical work to install and commissioning our solar PV applications. The Master Electrician is aimed to meet construction targets in order to produce a fully functionally and financially viable project.
The positon requires to provide your electrical license to the company. Preferable the positon starts part time or hourly based and becomes after a successful probationary period a permanent full time position.
- Submit building, electrical, fire and other permit applications as required for the project
- Review and submit electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings and diagrams with the applications
- Ensure permit application packages are complete and orderly when submitted
- Liaise and facilitate effective communication with Building Department, Utility companies and other Authorities Having Jurisdiction to guide project through approvals processes
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with client and client’s representative
- Ensure that the constructability review identifies issues which will negatively impact cost, time, productivity or safety
- Provide hands on support on the installation of our solar PV installations including mechanical and electrical work
- Identify scope changes which would impact original budget
- Keep track of paper work such as diaries, logs, field reports of each project on a daily basis.
- Ensure corrective actions are put in place to address discrepancies emerging from punch lists
- Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations
- Meet and exceed highest industry quality standards
- Be part of developing and implementing Energetic Solar’s construction standards, processes, procedures, quality assurance and quality control programs
Imperative for this position are:
- Master Electrician License
- Legally allowed to work in the State of New York
- Driver License
- Is a handyman and tech savvy
- Passion for solar PV, energy efficiency, and other renewable and sustainable technologies
Owning a truck and tools would be strongly considered as an advantage.
Other essential skills and attributes are:
- Leadership experience in a construction management role
- A track record of developing people and building effective teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple activities
- Working well under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Solar PV experience and participation on industry trainings
- Fall Arrest Certification and other health and safety trainings
- Head of Heights and can lift 50lbs.
- Highly meticulous nature and attention to detail
If you are interested becoming a part of a growing solar energy provider for the region, we are excited to hear from you. Please send your application to Thomas Kreutzer: firstname.lastname@example.org